Thank you for visiting the Suiting Warriors (SW) website and reviewing our privacy statement. SW is committed to maintaining the privacy of your personal information and the security of our computer systems. With respect to the collection, use and disclosure of personally identifiable information (PII), SW makes every effort to ensure compliance with applicable federal law. As a general rule, SW does not collect personally identifiable information when you visit our site unless you choose to provide such information. SW only requests information over the web when you complete the online inquiry form, which is used to respond to your inquiry or to provide you with the service associated with the request. In such instance, your name and email will be added to the monthly or quarterly newsletter, which provides answers to your inquiry if no other personal email had been sent in response. You are able to adjust they notifications at the bottom of the newsletter you receive.
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Suiting Warriors and its activities. All directors, officers, and volunteers providing web responses are required to sign a confidentiality document prior to working with SW. We work hard to protect SW and our visitors from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
If you visit our site to read or download information, we collect and store the following information:
– The name of the domain from which you access the Internet.
– The date and time you access our site.
– The Internet address of the website from which you directly linked to our site.
This information is used by software programs on our website to collect summary statistics that allow us to assess the number of visitors to the different sections of our site; identify what information is of most and least interest; determine technical design specifications; monitor system performance; and help us make our site more useful to visitors.
If you identify yourself by sending an inquiry containing personal information, for example, you may send us your email or mailing address when requesting event information. This information is used solely for responding to your requests via newsletters providing you that information and possibly additional information. Should you wish to update your email preferences or segment the event notices you wish to receive, you can change those options at the bottom of the newsletter or my sending a message to firstname.lastname@example.org or request through the website suitingwarriors.org.
Social Media and Third Party Sites:
In addition to SW official website, the organization uses social media and third party sites to provide SW content in a different format that may be useful or interesting to you. When we use these sites, the information we provide is consistent with the intended purpose of the SW website. No PII may be requested from or collected by SW on social media sites. The privacy protection provided on social media and third party sites that are not a part of SW websites may not be the same as the privacy protection given by the SW and described here.
Cookie Use Notice:
Cookies are small files that Web servers place on a user’s hard drive. They can serve several functions, depending upon how they are designed:
– They allow the website to identify you as a previous visitor each time you access a site.
– They track what information you view at a site (important to commercial sites trying to determine your buying preferences).
– In the more advanced cases they track your movements through many websites but not the whole Web; businesses use them for customer convenience to allow them to produce a list of items to buy and pay for them all at one time and to garner information about what individuals are buying at their sites.
– Advertisers use them to determine the effectiveness of their marketing and offer insights into consumer preferences and tastes by collecting data from many websites; and they can be used to help a website tailor screens for each customer’s preference.
– Some SW pages have “session cookies,” to facilitate use of that particular page. These disappear when the Web user terminates a Web session and closes the browser. SW also permits the use of persistent cookies for the collection of Web metrics; however, SW does not collect any personally identifiable information about visitors to our Web pages.
If you are concerned about the potential use of the information gathered from your computer by cookies, you can set your browser to prompt you before it accepts a cookie. Most Internet browsers have settings that let you identify and/or reject cookies.
For security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, our Web site also employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and The National Information Infrastructure Protection Act of 1996.